Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Welcome to Turk Berserk

Thanks for visiting the Turk Berserk blog a place for all things related to Amazon's Mechanical Turk!



I have been contemplating writing a blog about mTurk for quite some time. There aren’t very many comprehensive resources for workers. I hope to cull together lots of information out there, and present it to you in a useful package.



I’m also hoping that in sharing my experiences on mTurk, I can enrich the experiences of the whole mTurk community — whether you are a Worker, a Requester or just curious.


In the way of introductions… I am Dr. Berserk, I have been Turking since August 2007. My original goal when I started Turking was to earn $100 by Christmas to help buy Christmas presents for my nieces. I hit the $100 mark in just a few weeks. Turking can be very addicting!



Why do I Turk? The extra money is very nice. It’s a great way to get a little cash to splurge on gifts for myself or my husband, Mr. Berserk. Also, I am fascinated in all the different ways Requesters use mTurk. I usually try to do as many new types of HITs as I can, while saving the majority of my mTurk energies for my favorite HITs.



A big part of our Turk Berserk experiment will be to write and release Greasemonkey scripts related to mTurk. We hope they will make your Turking more efficient and productive by cleaning up the HITs, providing extra resources, and add functionality to the mTurk website. Watch this blog for more information!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea for a blog! I'm looking forward to the Greasemonkey scripts - there used to be some of those for Turking, but they don't seem to work anymore..........

Dr. Berserk said...

Thanks, andy! We should have the first scripts available very soon.

You have the dubious distinction of being the first to comment on the Turk Berserk blog!