Tuesday, April 1, 2008

mTurk is for the dogs

Oh dear! The latest post at the AWS blog finally reveals in print how Amazon feels about the Workers on mTurk. (Something we have known all along! Where's that Worker mTurk API?) The guys in the development section have developed a DCI - The Dog Computer Interface.





They train the office dog, Rufus, to do mTurk hits. And what would a dog do with his reward? They are using dog biscuits instead of the Amazon Payments system, clearly violating the Terms of Service. No wonder our rejection stats have been down the tubes on the items HITs! I am so furious!

mTurk is for poor, starving Workers, period. I highly doubt the ultra-cute Rhodesian Ridgeback would have the troubles I have begging for food. I can't even get strangers to scratch behind my ears! Leave those penny bear HITs for me.



...and their DCI post was published on April 1. As is this one. ;-)



Although, the funniest jokes are ones that have a hint of truth in them.



No comments: